- Left Panel with Components, Ram Table, Properties and File Browser tabs.
- Center Panel with Circuit canvas and Circuit instruments (plotter, oscope, serial monitor.)
- Right Panel with Editor/Compiler/Debugger.
You can resize each panel to take all the space or make it dissapear.
Circuit:Circuit canvas is in the Central Panel, here is where you create and simulate circuits, these are the operations you can do:
- Drag Components from Left-Panel->Components tab, drop to the circuit and create connectors by clicking on pins.
- Shift+Left-click on any empty part of the circuit and move to scroll circuit.
Since 0.2.8 you can scroll by dragging the canvas with mouse middle button
- Mouse_wheel to zoom in/out circuit.
- Click on wires to create node and init new wire.
- Ctrl+Left-Click on wire to move wire.
- Power button to start/stop simulation.
- Left-Click on components and move then.
- Right-click on components for component context menu.
- Select single components and see/edit properties in left-panel->Properties tab.
- Right-click on any empy part of cicuit for context menu.
In the Circuit context menu you can find some useful actions:
- Import Circuit: pops up a file dialog to select a .simu file. That circuit will be imported into current circuit.
- Save Circuit as Image: pops up a file dialog to save current file as an image ( jpg, png, bmp or svg ).
- Create Subcircuit: Create a subcircuit file used for components like IC74.
- Bill Of Materials: Create a text file containing bill of materials for current circuit.
Components tab:This tab contains all the components you can add to the circuit.
They are arranged in Categories and Subcategories in tree structure, so you can expand and collapse them:
- Expand or collapse categories by clicking in the small arrow.
- Hide or show whole categories or single components:
Right-Click on any category and select "Manage Components"
Select items to show or hide in the dialog.
These settings are saved automatically, so next time SimulIDE will look the same.
Video about Components tab:
Ram Table tab:While running microcontrollers you can watch Registers and variables in this tab.
For more info see: Microcontrollers Tutorial.
Properties tab:When you select Properties Tab you can see/edit the editable properties of components and circuit:
- Select a component to see/edit properties.
- Click on any empty part of circuit to see/edit circuit properties.
You can also right-click on any component and select "Properties" from context menu.
This will open component tab with properties of that component.
Note that when you edit a value it is not updated until you exit that value box.
File Browser tab:This tab shows the filesystem in tree mode.
You can browse expanding or collapsing folders and open files in circuit or editor.
At the top is an space for bookmarks with some predefined entries:
- FileSystem: shows the root of your system, you will see all drives mounted.
- Home: your user folder.
- Examples: examples included with SimulIDE.
Just below you will find a button to cd up and a box with the current path of the filebrowser.
You can introduce a path in this box to go to it.
- Double-click in folder gets into the folder.
- Double-click to open file in circuit (only .simu files) or in editor (rest of files).
- Right-click for context menu:
Add Bookmark ( for folders )
Open File in Editor ( for files ).
Editor/Compiler/Debugger:This is a text editor with basic coding functionalities, it is in Right Panel, for more info have a look to these tutorials:
- Editor-Compiler Tutorial
- Editor-Debugger Tutorial.